Monday 2 August 2010

My Bloody Valentine 3-D


Oh dear looks like I'm going to have to eat humble pie. I'm forever bemoaning the fact that there are so many horror remakes (reimagining) being made. Most if not all unnecessary in my view. But something strange happened when I watched this? I was truly blown away. I can honestly say that I enjoyed this more than the original. This had everything I want from a slasher film. A high body count, over-the-top gore, graphic violence, gratuitous female nudity, humour and bad acting. But what was most important about this was the fact it was entertaining and fun. Don't expect to get any deep character development, the pace of this film doesn't allow for that. This cuts to the chase and gets down and dirty. Blood, gore and obliteration by pick-axe are the order of the day. A big thumbs-up to film-makers who have concocted many interesting and imaginative deaths involving a pick-axe. Big kudos also have to go to Betsy Rue, Her short scene manages to be sexy, hilarious and scary all at the same time. Oh and she is completely naked throughout.
Getsy_Rue.jpg

At the end of the day this is a cheesy, brainless homage to '80s slashers. But it knows it and never tries to be anything more than that. It truly was an enjoyable experience to watch. So if you're a fan of trashy slashers, I highly recommend you see this. And look out for Tom Atkins as Sheriff Jim Burke. Nice to see him back in a horror film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment